View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #81
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Well when your sitting there Idling for 10-15 minutes you get 0mpg. ZERO.

And I have to warm my car up twice a day. And the PowerFC runs my AFR at 12.8-13.5@1300RPM during warm up.

Let your car idle for 15 minutes then go drive with 1 gallon in your tank.

When you run dry, put another gallon in and go, dont let it idle for 15 minutes, and tell me you dont see a fairly large distance in how far you get.

Thats all I was saying.

Unless you dont let your forged pistons warm up before drive.....
I'm unsure where you're going with this, especially with the idle and MPG comments. If you let your car warm up for 15 minutes, you're only wasting fuel and your time. I typically let my car idle for 30 seconds to 1 minute before pulling out....and that's what I've done for the past 20k+ miles (even before going out on track for a session, I let it idle for a minute or so...take it easy for the first lap and then go beat on it). Same goes for anyone else I've helped build a forged motor for...and it's certainly not Nissan specific.

30 seconds to a minute, then driving it like a human for a minute or so is all you need. Once you get the oil pressure up and temp gauge moving you're set. You can easily let it idle for 15 minutes if that's what you do...I'd rather not burn fuel unnecessarily, especially at 4 dollars a gallon. That may explain why you have that issue because you (or your builder) idles it way to long(which is just as bad if that rich). My car comes up (even in winter) to 13.8-14.7 when idling/warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Why wait for it to warm up? Just let it idle long enough to build oil pressure and drive slowly.
That's my mantra. Much like my (going off topic) hate on turbo timers...a complete waste of time. Just drive like a human being for the late mile, and you'll be good to go.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote