View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 11:57 PM   #20
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Yep took me a minute to find but here is the post where I show, read the whole thing maybe

https://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=6373984&postcount=9

picture:

Recap:
Once you read the timing one way, flip the pickup around 180* so its facing the other direction and check again.
Most pickup (the thing that clamps onto the wire) have a little arrow showing the direction of the spark towards the plug, but don't rely on that; just check the timing both ways and then you need some common sense/knowledge of which way is correct
1. The cas will be nearly center when the pickup is flipped properly (slight offset)
2. The engine will seem to run well, normal even
3. The timing will be steady as long as the TPS is disconnected. It doesn't matter when you disc the TPS, running or not running.
4. Rev the engine and check the spread, it should advance timing to say 25 or 30* or something like that (from 15 original).
5. Always set to 15* btdc timing unless you are advanced tuning expert.
sweet much appreciate the info, that is definitely something I didn't think about before, I figured once the clamp is around the wires it should read regardless but i'll make a note of that and try both ways because what seemed to be close to 15deg the CAS was all the way to one side and that didn't seem right to me. Also I did speak to a few other ppl after installing cams and they also told me they needed retunes after so we'll see, either way the ECU should be back come monday so i'll report back with info