View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #23
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
This is the problem you had the timing at like 30* btdc or something crazy when the cas is set like that. You had the pickup reversed. Easy fix
ok so ecu got back in today, i plugged it up and warmed the car back up. First thing i noticed was at idle it wasn't running as lean as it was previously and idle'd a lot smoother. I warmed the car/engine up and went through the "timing procedure" again (get it to operating temps, removed the tps, rev it past 3k three times) and that should be timing mode. Also after getting the ecu back i noticed the timing marks weren't jumping around as bad as before BUT the CAS sits pretty close to one side (the right ear is close to touching the bolt to lock it down) but it doesn't sit close to the middle. If i turn it the other way it's nowhere near the 15deg mark on the crank pulley.

my other question is and i've heard doing the timing sequence doesn't always lock for some reason. So what can remedy that? and i have had a cas off a tooth before but it would not run, it revs smooth no hiccups or hesitation/misfires at all and before I sent the ecu off i made sure to re stab the cas to verify it was spot on where it should be.

p.s. - i flipped the timing pickup both ways and it didn't change a thing.