View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #287
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post

. Just because I don't believe in an after life or some spaghetti monster in the air, doesn't mean I have a moral compass. If you need a book to tell you how to act, you are a weak minded and probably would strap a bomb to your chest.
Morals are not genetically inherent, they are taught.

This is why cultures and what is perceived as morally acceptable very greatly.

Whether you accept it or not, you live in a Christian society and you hold modern Christian morals. You are what you hate.

You are also pissed that people would use a 2,000 year old book as a moral compass. It's a collection of moral stories and tales that go back to before the written word, the birth of civilization. To you this is ignorant and stupid.

However, you think we should live life by what 60 out of 100 corrupt power hungry bureaucrats mange to agree upon and write down into their own book - law books.

So you find nothing wrong with hanging homosexuals? Apparently Irans law makers feel it's fine. Would you accept populous vote? Most Americans appose gay marriage, so we pass a law banning it, thus that's logical and legal. We must abide.

I think you and the atheists are the weak minded. You reject the notion that the moral decision you make in life have greater consequences and are fearful that judgment may wait you. Rather than pondering the deeper spiritual nature of humanity you toss your hands up and yell "it don't exist". You are content to believe that you are the center of the universe and all that maters. There is no reason to exist other than to reproduce to continue to exist. Brilliant!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote