View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #60
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
FUCK a "scene"...

ANYONE who refers to the culture of modding a particular car as a "scene" is part of the fucking problem. YOU should be enjoying YOUR 240sx for YOU, NOT any hypothetical "scene". There are fucking morons and cheap asses involved in EVERY platform. Not one is any better than any of the others. Hipster kids want to look "rad" and be "illest" in all kinds of cars, NOT just 240's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
I get tons of props for my build on my 240. I'm 18 and on a super tight budget. I'm doing a budget build with an sr20 so its function over form for me. I'm literally lowered on coils with almost 100% stock parts.

Not because i want to be slammed, but coils are just low lol. I'm still on stock 7spokes and i don't care. And no one else cares. They love it.

It makes me feel pretty accepted because I'm getting lots of positive feedback on my car because its clean and stock. Seems like a lot of people have respect for a proper build. I don't have any plans for aero, or most cosmetic upgrades. I like stock, it looks good and doesn't attract attention. Plus I'm not wasting money on stupid bumpers. Id rather spend it on a bigger turbo, better coils or a tune.

I don't know much about 240's and ill admit that. I try to be humble and sift through the bs. Most guys my age that have 240's are retarded. But thankfully theres probably less than 30 in all of ontario. So it sorta balances out

Sent from my LG-E400R using Tapatalk 2
Dude, your "build" is the kind that the older enthusiasts cringe at. You slapped an SR in (probably with the shittiest wiring in the universe, pissing fluid everywhere, etc...), slapped some shitty coilovers on it, and called it a "build". You didn't even touch the REALLY important items like suspension arms, brakes, general maintenance, etc... The younger crowd ONLY cares about having a turbo, being slammed, hellaflush, and illest.

What it really comes down to is a lack of patience. You kids want everything NOW just to have it, rather than saving and planning for what you TRULY want in the end.

Us older guys were perfectly happy with having a well-maintained KA powered car with well rounded suspension and brake mods. Once we got the foundation set-up then we worried about power, stance, etc... We would re-seal our SR's and replace all the maintenance items (gaskets, seals, hoses, belts, etc...) BEFORE we dropped the engine in. Now kids just buy an SR and slap it in without thinking about it because they want an SR soooooo bad. What they end up with is a leaking, unreliable piece of shit.

It at least sounds like you've got pride in your car and some common sense, but you seem clueless as to how to build a car WELL or what a "build" truly is.