View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #56
klohiq
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
klohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choicesklohiq has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24kingmannyd
i work atthe costa mesa target they are always hiring
you get paid $7.50
and its sucks but you can always apply and im 100 % sure youll get hired but yeah im prob gonna apply at best buy yeaa but check out a target near you and uhh if you go to the target in costa mesa please tell them i sent ya!
-manuel D.

TARGET BLOWS!! haha
im sorry guys but i hate my job!
Isn't that minimum wage in cali??? I seem to remember 7.50 being a recently proposed minimum wage.

I'm surprised some of these postings are offering so little...I live in fucking maine and every job I've ever had other than my first job paid better than 7.50...for cart pushers at wally world they are offering $9 and that's an easy job I did it like 5 years ago for over a year.

Factories are where the money is. Seriously if you aren't an idiot and you can learn shit fast then get a job at a web press printing shop. They print anything from junk mail to stuff like sport compact car, pretty easy job if you can handle the pressure. Money is really good...in about 5-8 years you can become a head pressman if you work hard and move up quick, then you are at 40-80k a year and this is with no highschool diploma lol...only job I know of where you can make that much and they require NO schooling. I made 32k my first year at only $9 an hour...most printing shops offer a lot of OT. A few people I know were making 40-50k and were only a position above me and had less than 5years exp, so with OT even when you first start you make a lot.

Biggest thing that sucks about printing jobs is how messy most places are and how easy it is to get hurt. Seriously one wrong move webbing up the press or working around the unit and your hand or finger is gone in a second. The places are hot too...we temped around the place with an IR gun and a lot of the places where you work at 105-120 degrees...closer to 85-95 in the winter...probably much hotter in cali, but some companies do have air conditioning so it's a lot cooler.

for reference those rolls of paper weigh between 2000 and 4500 pounds...

ok...enough pics, if you want to see more then go here: http://www.graphicinnovators.com/list_aux.php?c=52&w=F

oh I forgot to add...make sure the place is a high-volume shop not some company with a 110 and a dinky bindery...those places will still pay alright, but the press above is what you want to be on, or something larger.

just do a search on monster or other local job seeker site...I'm sure there is a least one local printing shop in almost every area in the country...