View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #71
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Sorry for going AWOL. I get these bouts of depression where I just go to work, come home, and do fucking NOTHING.

I've accomplished a few things, though. They are as follows:

Had exhaust manifold and turbo gaskets replaced which put an end to that shitty leak. The PBM Cobra Flex downpipe also went in. I underestimated how bad it was because my car feels like it's finally alive. That's probably a testament to how much I wasn't driving it.

I installed the Battle Version RUCA and did an alignment myself. I ordered brand new hardware from Nissan so it held up the install.

I FINALLY got the accent stripes from Nissan. Putting them on was shitty because I fucking loathe applying stickers/decals. I could install coilovers faster.

Most importantly I've actually been driving the God damn thing. I've been adding photos on Instagram but I haven't taken any good ones for this thread. If your sub'd...I apologize. I plan to get my fender work done tomorrow and tweak the ride height a smidge. I also have an appointment on Monday to get a custom mid-pipe made so I can install the Dart Izumi. The one on my car was about 6.5" too short. Go fucking figure. Once I get these things done I'd like to find some awesome swaybars and finish up with the rest of Battle Version's suspension components. I need to 'clean up' the engine bay a little so I'll try to actually take pictures of that.

I finally sourced some 180SX side markers and won the bidding war on them from Japan. I got a pair for less than the Nismo Shop sells a single one for. Thank God for small favors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
Glad you decided to keep the car...what subframe bushings did you decide on?

Also subbed for badassery.
I was going to pick some PBM ones up but they've been out of stock for-fucking-EVER. In addition to underestimating the exhaust leak I also underestimated how bad my first alignment was. This was actually impacting the handling more than the subframe bushings. Now there's only a negligible amount of slop in the rear. I think I'm going to wait for a powdercoated subframe to pop up in the marketplace, buy it, press in some solid bushings, and then install it. It'll save me the hassle of removing the OEM ones.