View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 08:13 PM   #71
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Woohoo Zilvia is back! Time for an update!

So many things have been done to the car since the last post, still not wired and running but plumbing and suspension are nearly complete.

I was fairly certain this was going to be a bolt in swap and wiring was the only real challenge, boy was I wrong...

First things first, new CTS-V front brakes and Hawk HTS4905 rotors on CTS-Vswap.com brackets, tapped two holes, trimmed the dust shield a little, quick and easy install.

Then I cut the stopper off of the 350Z gas pedal, bend up the arm a little so it's in the correct position, and bolted it right into the S13.

Next after pulling my hair out over trying everything to get the OEM steering rack to clear the VR30 starter I gave up and picked up a Q50/VR30 EPS rack, then proceeded to royally hack up the OEM subframe.
The only down side to the Q50 rack is the extra rack width, so lower arm and tension rod pivots had to be widened as well to help control bump steer.

So far steering and suspension geometry appears close to original, just 3" wider overall.
Good news is that my S13 TEIN inner tie rods and spacers fit the rack perfectly.

Now on to the 370Z 6 speed trans, the GKTech bracket didn't fit because of my VR30 position, bolt placement was not even close to the slots so I filled them all and drilled my own.

Cut the bracket down and it fits right in the tunnel now, GKTech shifter conversion sits right dead center in the shifter hole.

Then I picked up an ISR V8 Y-pipe hoping it would save some fab time with downpipes and exhaust, seems like it'll do the trick.

Next order of business was the front mount heat exchanger.
Picked up a smaller Mishimoto with decent thickness, sizing should be nice for my HP goals.

Got the placement picked out and fabbed up some simple brackets, right bracket also holds the water pump.
Also made sure to leave room so I can fab a bumper bar later to sandwich over these.

U-bend coolant hose is a NAPA 11666

More pictures coming shortly...
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote