View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #137
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Haven't read every page, But is there anyone who has imported an R32 like this legally into California ?

Obviously here the smog and car laws are so extensive im sure even with the 25 year rule its difficult.

I've read many websites, forums and other sources on the process.. but there seems to be lots of unclear advice.

I know some people seem to want to be the only one with cars like this but i think it would be helpful if people could possibly make a thread or post on this thread the exact steps they took and websites they used.

Like:
-what website did you go to, to purchase the vehicle ?

-What company did you use to ship it here ?

- Do you just go to the dock where the shipment arrives or does the car go through customs for a couple days ?

- How much paper work did you have to go through to actually drive or tow the car home ?
( listing the exact types of forums or papers you had to fill out and what kind of info do they ask )

Pretty much the process it takes to get a car like this or other companies besides nissan in California from Japan.

Like any other user on here i'd be highly interested in a car like this or a different type of car. But i have heard that the us customs and boarder protection sometimes will give you a hassle if you don't already have some certain documents ready.

This page is mainly what i've learned from how some of it goes( http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impor.../importing-car). But i just wanna hear some successful stories of imports that made it to california along with their own personal account on how they did it specifically.