View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13FREEAAK
Looks good and functional. How did the new tire/wheel setup feel?
At first it felt as though there was too much tire in back, especially on lower speed corner entry. Once the tires were scrubbed in, though, they felt great. The car is still a bit twitchy through the higher speed stuff, so I'm hoping newer/ better shocks will help keep the rear end in check. I definitely need to modify the roll centers, though, as I'm still getting a hint of inside rear tire lift on sweepers. Raising the front roll-center should negate that, much like the BMW's, which lift the inside front.

For the record:
the tires shown are Kumho V710, 285/30/R18 up front and 315/35/R18 in back. They sit on 18x10 +11 up front, and 18x12 with 6.75" backspacing in the rear, for wheels.