View Single Post
Old 08-04-2001, 10:27 AM   #13
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, Andrew--that was me holding up traffic.  There was a nother accident 2 cars behind me--a guy in a Jeep Cherokee ran into a guardrail trying to avoid rear-ending the car in front of him, and wound up getting rear ended.  So, on the bridge after the I-44 west exit, there were five wrecked cars!  Apparently, some guy got killed in that stretch of hwy earlier this week (supposedly he was doing about 80 when traffic stopped, but he couldn't stop--don't know all the full details, tho).  I just wish I could have damaged my car enough to destroy the headlights--my are hazy and I can't get them cleared up, but also can't afford to buy new ones (especially right now w/ a $500 deductible to pay).  But, if the headlights were to have gotten damaged, my car probably wouldn't have been drivable.

My car looks funky right now, with a 16" crease across the front of the bumper, a dent a little larger than the size of a quarter on the front of the hood, and the grille gone.  The plastic rivets snapped upon impact, so I just pulled the grille out so it wouldn't slide around or fall out.  I guess if I pull the last section of my stock intake tube out (the one that rests upon the black radiator support underneath the very front of the hood), I'll have a kinda "free ram air" mod for a while!  hehe  I wonder if that will do any good?
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote