View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #43
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is about good anime, not just list all the anime you've watched, right? Just checking.

kindaichi shounen no jikenbo - Really good detective anime. Its about the grand son of a really famous detective going around with a cop and his friend to try and solve different cases that happen to fall on him.

Bus Gamer - Interesting anime. Guys are all forced to team up with each other in a life or death type game where the prize is a ton of money. Every rank in the game they go up, the higher the prize is. Kind of like who wants to be a millionaire, except there's lots of beating each other up and killing :P

Hellsing Ultimate - I know this may be blasphemous, but I didn't enjoy the original Hellsing series too much. It jumped around way too much and kind of muddled the actual story, but that's where Ultimate made up for it. They follow the series in the first 2 of 4 episodes, but the last 2 episodes have been nothing but Alucard whooping ass and taking names, and it ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!

Naruto Shippuden - I mention this one moreso than the original, because Naruto's childishness was getting really flipping annoying IMO. However, the 4th movie that just came out made me really appreciate the series more. That and it made me research a song with a JDM afro and a wanna be Michael Jackson...

JDM afro song (ending song to the Naruto Shippuden Movie) - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ki0yOXvfO8[/ame]

Hayate no Gotoku - A story of a no-luck boy who suddenly has to become the butler to a spoiled rich girl. He has to do such daily tasks as cleaning, cooking, maintaining the girl's image, doing battle with assassins, and piloting giant robots. This anime makes the most puns on animes, worse than Yakitate Japan, which brings me to my next one

Yakitate! Japan - If you never thought an anime about making bread could be extremely funny and still manage to be extremely good in terms of plot-line, continuity and character development, then you've never seen Yakitate! Japan. Story is about a boy who has a rare gift among bakers (Solar hands) which enable him to make some amazing bread. He embarks on a journey to make a bread that only Japan could be known for (Like how france has "french bread). Its incredibly funny, and also gives lots of actual explanation about certain professional baking techniques, along with a little clip at the end about making the bread at home (including making a loaf of bread with a rice cooker... Name me ANY other anime that will do that!)

Claymore - Lastly, this symbol of ownage. Very nice, indepth story centering around a half demon-half human demon hunter and her human companion. The claymores are outcasted by human society, but depend on them when demons invade their village. Unique system, but the Claymore's still do their job. Demons are all over, as Clair (the main character) searches far and wide for the demon that killed her former master Teresa.

Now I'm also a sucker for those high school drama type anime's for some reason, so I also recommend series such as:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kimikiss - Pure Rouge
School days
Saishuuheiki Kanojo (AKA Saikano)

Those titles... All extremely jacked up. I cried watching Saikano, at almost every episode...

Tokimeki Memorial - Cute anime, typical high school drama, except you have a crazy chicken that does a dragonball type move at the very end. Its pretty cool though, I actually do recommend this series

Just for sheer bad assness:
You're Under Arrest! Full Throttle (I didn't see the original)
Shakugan no Shana
Ghost Hunt
Fate / Stay Night
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Black Blood Brothers

And lastly, Dai Mahou Touge. This anime is just wrong on so many levels... The princess of magic land goes to Earth to learn about her future kingdom. She is the cutest thing ever, especially in personality, except when she's "forced" into combat situations, then she becomes a ruthless, merciless killer.... She uses a magic wand that's a candy cane to bring things like vegetables to life to murder, or if she's forced to, she becomes a godlike pro-wrestler... I can't quite explain this, but this youtube clip will explain everything:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4xzur16qg[/ame]
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote