View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 10:05 PM   #45
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Really appreciate all the support everyone!

So I haven't posted any build updates in a while because, well, these two smaller twin versions of us joined our family back in April. That of course means the car takes a backseat to everything else, but no worries, at least it's not getting traded in for a minivan as long as I'm still breathing.

But there was one thing I managed to squeeze in so we could enjoy the car as-is for a while. I had planned to retrofit proper bixenon HID projectors in the car since the beginning, and I finally got the chance. Using OEM Denso ballasts, Morimoto D2S 5.0 bixenon projectors, and some OEM philips 85122 bulbs, I'm super happy with the finished product.

After burning through 6lb's of ABS and who knows how many hours of CAD I finally printed enough prototypes to get the alignment, fitment, and deflection where I want it.

The current lexan covers are just temporary so everything is sealed and usable for now, eventually these will be molded to cover the sides as well like originals.

We may even mold the whole assembly in carbon fiber one day if the ABS doesn't hold up well enough.

Also test printed some new shortened pivot arms and purchased M6 spherical joints with shortened rods that correct the open/close height, but that's a project for another day when the twins are a little older.

Best of all, it's all 100% bolt on.
Enjoy the pics and give me some feedback!

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote