View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
It stalls because of the way a maf car works.

The ecu is reading airflow through the maf, and when you vent the bov atmospherically all that air that it metered is let out of the charge piping. The ecu has already compensated for this air by adding fuel, and when the air disappears all that fuel stalls the motor.

You can tighten the spring to the point that the bov is basically stuck shut. Pretty sure the blitz DD came with the recirculation flange, but not sure about the SS.

The complicated and expensive fix is to get a map-based ecu and ditch the maf entirely, but that's a couple thousand dollar fix for a vented bov lol.

Thanks for the reply and providing some sense to this issue. I will tighten the spring and see what happens. If the same problem continues I?ll swap back to the stock recirculating system. Feel weird going backwards.

If I upgrade to an HKS will this still be an issue or is it the type of BOV, ?Blitz BOV?, that is the problem.