View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 02:24 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
SSQV doesnt really have this problem

push type BOVs like the factory unit and your Blitz dont work well vented on stock SR ECU. they need to be recirculated. SR ECU creates a richer state when the throttle body snaps shut and the BOV purges air. ECU is anticipating a rush of air coming back in thru the intake from the BOV. Push types operate off a spring and tend to allow air bleed at lower boost off throttle (which isnt good).

pull type BOVs like HKS SSQV are much less prone to causing the engine to die as they tend to keep more air in the turbo system. been running SSQV 3 since 2011. daily drove my S13 for roughly 4-5 years without recirc. rarely ran into stalling issues. went to a powerFC DJetro (MAP) a few years back, dont have that issue at all anymore.

but yeah, youll need to recirc your BOV to prevent stalling out due to BOV being push type. if you ditch the Blitz you have and go with HKS SSQV, youll find that youll have far fewer issues with bogging/stalling.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote