View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #32
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
They stick up pretty high in the valley. VQ37 coils are a very tight fit in the head of the VE, so there should be plenty of room for any version of SR except the S15/VE/VET. The nice part is the factory harness plugs into them and only two wires have to be swapped.
I should do a write up since I did take the pictures. You just need the latest version of the VQ37 plugs cause the mounting holes are straight front to back like our SR coil packs. Cut a bit on the rubber bottoms, some dielectric grease in it, and then just make a tiny L bracket with something from home depot. Mounts up like stock....

@JR_SS, I was watching some youtube videos, on EG to K Swap, they direct wire the coils with a relay to battery because they were explaining that it draws a lot of power from ECU or something like that.... I think our SR coils are negative ignited right? or Should we do the same?