Thread: Sr20det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #270
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilstang1987 View Post
I've got a 1997 with a 98 sr20det in it. Now here is my problem. Ran it hard one night last summer is then after that it would spit and pop whenever it gets to about 5 psi of boost. Thought I had a boost leak. Checked all piping and had no leaks. Changed out my spark plugs and it did fine until I tried to boost it had again. Pulled real hard then started spitting and popping again and will not boost past 5 psi. Order some phase 2 coil packs and changed my spark plugs again.(gapped at .25) Just went down the road and it will pull real hard as long as i roll into it and not try to hit it hard off the bat. Anybody have any suggestions?
Check voltage across TPS, sounds like its out of adjustment. Also look closely around the throttle body for leaks as well as injector orings. Good luck.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote