View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #71
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
K, one more update this weekend as promised! I got the engine mounts all done and built! It took some time, and a little creativity, but its all done and I have custom poly mounts! I borrowed heavily from a thread I found on *ahem*nicoclub*ahem* and decided to make my own. I used flexane 94 as the body of the mount and grade 8 hardware. Below are pics of the process! Now, the engine sits a good, low height and the driveshaft and everything fit! Now, I need to finish modding the tranny tunnel and sorting out the tranny mount and I can rebuild the new and improved firewall...hopefully next weekend! Check out the pics:

Two washers formed the top half (tig'd together) with one bolt welded, and the bottom half is one washer

Bottom and top held together by a small piece of filler wire

My mold, a harry and david candy container, lol!

Mold again!

2 mounts, ready to be poured

The juice of love!

Mixing the resin with the hardener

After letting the molds sit for a day and some cleaning after the fact:

Shazam!

Came out well...dont you think?

More

The engine sitting, perfection, IMO:

Mounts in action, still need to weld out the x-member:

more motor pr0n:

Driveshaft fits! Glorious, and rated to 750 ft-lbs

Tranny is up...just needs to be mounted too!

Thanks for looking!!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote