View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #57
techn9ne
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
techn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to techn9ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
I got a NA chassis rx7 with a jdm turbo swapped motor. Should equal the same as a USDM turbo car, but i got an aftermarket intercooler, exhaust system intake yadda yadda.. If i throw some cats. would it be possible to smog the car? since its a motor swap not original for this model im curious about that.

Ive seen smog guys not worry about intakes since its just air filters. Possible for my car to pass visual on a motor swap since its basically the same as a turbo model?
intakes usually dont matter. as long as the MAF is on the intake, you can have a snorkel with a penis head air filter sticking out of your roof.

about the engine swap, if the technician doesnt notice that its the jdm motor, since the turbo motor was offered in that year, and all the emissions crap is on it (air injection and egr i believe, as well as cats) it should be fine. worse comes to worse, if he notices its the turbo'd engine, he sends you to a ref.
techn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote