View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 04:44 AM   #7
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Sorry failed to mentioned that.

For the tomei/kaaz unit,m the backlash is same as OEM. So you use the OEM spacers to fit the new unit. My friend and I spent a WHOLE FRIGGIN OUT bitchin at why the pinion gear wouldn't engage the ring gear off the car. Figured this would cause a shitload of problems if it was completely installed. So I took a light to see the pinion gear, and it looked like it needed the exact same amount of shims that was on the other side of the axle. So We swapped that out..and taDIzzle. No more play, perfect engagement. Which turned out to a perfect Install.. We f'd up for about an hour.. Took about 3 hours to install..30min to drive.. so 3.5. This was my first time R&Ring a Diff(remove and replace). Awesome, the chatter is like friggin music..bhahaha

So yeah driving home.. I found it awkard that making the slightest movment in steering would make the diff rat-atat-tat. Hopefully draining and replacing the fluid will rid some of the noise. Right now the beater oil is some stuff my dad has in a 20gal barrel. Didn't wanna use the tomei oil.. cause it's too pretty to just be used and disposed.

Kingsol, thanks for the tip. Yeah.... it's easier to do things on a lift.. and I do give you guys who work in your garage/driveway/sidewalk major props. I replaced this girl I was "seeing" brother's clutch on the street.. man.. it was difficult but we got it done.

Oil.. Imma see if the cheap stuff works..cause we have a ton of it.. If it is the suck.. I'll gradually move up to what I feel will meet my needs. The fill bolt is such a bish to get to though..that's pretty much why I didn't drain it out tonight.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote