View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #103
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried to break this video down into smaller segments, but I'm really not computer literate, and my computer sucks. Anyways, this video is from the 1st day at the Balcony. It's the second half of the day, where we all just took turns making these runs.
At 3:00 the driver in the white hatch is 15 year old kid. It's a stock ka, and the kid put together better runs than I did. He's also been doing it for a year or so, but regardless, he has some talent. Him and his dad helped me out when I busted my tie rod. I would have let him make a run in my car if I could have risked it, but I needed it in one piece for the drive home, but maybe next time. There were also these other two guys parked on the side opposite of John Chow, so their cars were safe from my jack handle. They offered up parts as well, they ended up being the wrong size but they tried. They both had ls swaps as did others, and man those things sound mean in person. It's awesome to hear a 240 rumble like that

As for these videos, I'm really just posting these videos to give anyone else thinking about starting all this an idea of what to expect. Unless you were blessed as one of those people who can just try something and get it figured quick, fast and in a hurry, then like the rest of us mortals don't expect to be busting out face melting, super linked drifts on your first weekend. Bring your determination, good attitude and a solid car and you'll have a blast.

OK, you can laugh at my expense now.

Last edited by ShadowMan; 04-13-2013 at 02:59 PM..
ShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote