View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #34
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi07 View Post
Hi! I'm new to the forum and Nissan thing. I think I have a solution to your predicament. It just depends on how far you are willing to go for your vehicle. As far as I know it is possible for you to register the car and make it legal by applying for a new title and branding the car as a "Kit Car" There are many kit and custom car laws that people have used for various vehicles such as Skylines, etc that weren't available in the US. You would have to have the car disassembled into the rolling chassis, engine, and drivetrain. Ship them in separate containers. It is then considered a bunch of auto parts. Reassemble in the US and register. Mind you there is quite a bit of paperwork involved in some places and that the car will carry a "collectible" label for the rest of its days. It will be issued a VIN and everything though. Something like this. Hope that this helps.
Guess you have no clue whats been going on the last 6 months now. Customs/NHTSA/DOT/ICE is going after all the gray market cars that were imported via this process. They are catching containers with cars, holding them and not releasing them. They have gone after folks who have "kit cars." A OEM manufactured car is not a kit car. Kaizo was a company that was importing vehicles doing this process. Do a search in here, we've been talking about this shit for a while now and what's going on. Do a search on threads I've started...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote