View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #35
kakashi07

Trader Rating: (0)
kakashi07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that does suck major donkey dong. Like I said I'm new to the Nissan thing, I just picked up my S14 to be my daily driver. My main car is an RX7 FD so I haven't heard about this till recently. The only reason that I brought this method up though is because I recalled an article written in the Feb 2010 issue of Import Tuner where they cover a JDM RHD FD that was owned by a Marine and how to bring it over here he enlisted the help of his hotrodder father. They took advantage of every kit and custom car law that they could and quote, "Within a month, the car was registered, insured and street legal; the only stipulation being that it would carry a "collectible" designation on all paperwork for the rest of its days." I know that it is a bit different considering the LHD FD was offered here and S15's and Skylines were not but I was hoping that maybe an applicable law could be found. Oh well. I agree with a statement made in your other thread I would not try to import anything for the time being. I will say though that I believe that this is a result of our economy's current state and failing American car company's lobbying to reduce the import car trend.
kakashi07 is offline   Reply With Quote