View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 05:32 PM   #165
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
It's something that I struggle with when I meet other S chassis owners. They are all a means to an end, in some regard. But what varies is that particular end that people have in mind.

I struggle when I meet S chassis owners who car less about the car, and more what they do with it. Personally, I can't get to that point where I view the car as a tool. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that people are enjoying themselves, and we all have this common bond with these cars, but there is a mindset that I sometimes can't identify with. I have a much stronger emotional attachment. These cars stepped into a period in my life where I was really struggling with a lot, and with/without trying to sound cheesy, did kind of save me. Not everyone is going to have that same kind of a-ha moment, and I probably put too much emotional meaning behind it, but it's what makes me happy.
It's called imbuing. I do this with every car I own and I think out of all the cars I've had, I've only been 'happy' to move on from 3 of them. My friends would tell you that I have a problem with selling cars, but it really bums me out to do so and I'm always chasing that 'forever' SChassis car that will tick all the right boxes. Probably a pipe dream.

I have the same issue, though. I enjoy having a nice-looking car but people my age or younger take that and morph it into external validation whether it be online or at your local meet spot. I can sniff it out and it just turns me off to the whole thing. People that don't think the NA, AT cars are worth a fuck trip this alarm off for me all the time. I always want a turbo car/MT but just being around the SChassis is why I still own them, regardless of aspiration or trim level. I hate it, and I love it.