Thread: FRSport.com
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #103
koukie180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
koukie180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koukie180
After reading it a couple of times, I feel there was a big misunderstanding between you and the salesperson. Most of the time, shops give good deals if you pay cash. Like frsport and CAPoweredS14 said, there are always credit/debit card fees charged by any merchant processors. Whether it's 3% or some fixed amount, it's still a lot of money. If you choose other forms of payment besides card, they can cut you a better deal. Regardless, they always have to pay the fees and if they like you they'll give you a good price. They'll just have to pay the fees out of their pockets.

Here is the reason why there is a misconception. If nismoshop sells it for 235+8.25%, that is $254.39. If you were to buy it from frsport for just $249.00. It's as if you were paying for 231.09+7.75%. But here is what ppl shouldn't be confused about. Even though you are paying $249, it does not imply tax is already included. It could be that they are willing to pay the tax for the customer by eating into their profits, which I think that is being very courteous. Not many shops will do that.

With credit/debit fees or transaction fees, and having to pay the tax amount out of their pockets, there's no way any shops will give you a better deal. If it's a card, I doubt they can budge on the price at all or cut you a good deal. Therefore I would not be surprised that he/she can't give you for the same amount as if you were paying with card.

Why do you think asian food places never accept cards? In order to give you the best prices on food, they can't pay those fees by eating into their profits. Otherwise the food wouldn't be cheap.
koukie180 is offline   Reply With Quote