View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #40
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Ah I see, I am the opposite. I could pretty much careless what most rags say. That said, I think it's understandable for them to do so. Not many cars in that performance area to pit against. Nissan, Porsche, GM, and Dodge and not much else. It's a car a GTR owner will have to contend with if they bring their car to the track, so why not have them be tested against each other in a rag. It's going to happen in real life. You should always want to go up against the best. Nissan could bitch out and say the ACR isn't what they are after, but I can tell you right now they know what the ACR did at the ring and they are going to do everything they can to get the Vspec around the ring faster. I love these ring wars it breeds great cars!
The ring is one of the best testing surfaces on the planet. It is impossible to replicate what the ring has without going through the history of it. As a matter of fact, it is so good, Benz engineers have a mock track in a computer in which they compute suspension load on their cars with when they put it on whatever the hell you call a suspension stress tester.

I will say this: Porsche did not call out Nissan without proper provocation. Do you know what this would do to their publicity if they called them out only to be kicked in the ass? Germans aren't like that... trust me, I know, I moved here

On the other hand, I have no doubt the GT-R is fast. The circumstances around it though, obviously are in question. I say hold all judgment until we see what Nissan says. If they don't respond, obviously something is afoot.
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote