View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 01:01 PM   #21
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Most recent update: took a longer test drive last night for the first time, and the Z died on me and didn't want to restart which is always a fun time lol

I had consult running on my laptop to keep an eye on everything (and because the speedometer doesn't work) and it showed code 12 for MAF -- cleared codes and it popped back up literally instantly. I had already kinda suspected a dodgy MAF due to some other little issues with how it runs (and I've got a brand new wiring harness so it's unlikely to be anywhere else in the circuit) so I just pulled the connector and it finally struggled to life enough for me to limp it home.

Really really runs like crap with 850cc injectors and the MAF unplugged lol I do not recommend it at all -- I still need to check the oil but I may drain that again if the cylinders got washed.

But on the bright side, the adrenaline rush of almost being stranded on the side of the road in the dark was very nostalgic and reminded me of my misspent youth lol and the leaking fluids appears to be sorted. I should be able to get hands on a new MAF today or tomorrow and I'm pretty sure that'll solve the issue -- next steps are vacuum leak test and just more (and more successful) test driving.

The goal is to get the Z ready to drive from Denver down to New Mexico by the 17th of April or so, and it felt pretty damn impossible for a while but it's seeming more plausible every day as I get more of the wrinkles ironed out.

As usual, thanks to anyone who reads my ramblings and hopefully my struggles can encourage you to do things the right way the first time xD