View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
2020's Coilover Comparison & Discussion Thread

Hello all, just me shitting up the chat section instead of using search. Just kidding, I'd say that the entry level/mid-tier coilover options ($1000-$2000) have changed a bit since the 2007 threads. Car is a street legal, very low 180sx used for drifting on a variety of track surfaces.

I've pretty much narrowed down my interest to the Stance XR1, Fortune 500's, and Feal 441+. Really thinking outside the box here. All have Swift springs available, and I'm looking for an 8k/5k combo.

Notes for comparison:

XR1:
-Inverted front monotube (largest draw here)
-In house overhauls available
-Made in USA with parts from Japan and Korea
-Gimmicky BS about better rust resistance and shit
-Have to request spring rate that isn't 8/6, not sure if making this change would bring default revalving.
$1,795 MSRP with Swifts

441+
-"Drift Spec" valving available tuned by Odi. (This is the extent of info I found in quick research, sounds lame without more info, haven't sent any emails or anything yet to dig deeper)
-Designed and assembled in USA
$1,549 MSRP with Swifts

500 Series
-Digressive monotube piston (is this a gimmick?)
-Designed and assembled in USA
$1,749 MSRP with Swifts

Honestly, the 441 seem to be coming out on top here given their affordability. The inverted piston of the Stance is a cool selling point, but I am having a hard time finding a downside to the Feals given that they are assembled with good quality control, are valved per each application, and have Swifts in the rate I desire. Fortunes seem like a great option but, to what I'm seeing, don't bring more to the table for the $200 more than the Feals.

Thoughts?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links