View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #9
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Thank you for the takes so far. Gotta love how each reply favors a different option I listed, lol. Will continue my research as this thread potentially expands.
Yeah this is the hard part about comparing coilovers. Most people only have a subjective experience with one or a couple brands, and sometimes newer versions are out etc. I remember Turbo Magazine once did a S2000 coilover shootout with like 8 different brands and they compared track times and had a whole bevel of testing for each one. Really really cool, and something that would be awesome to see from these famous youtube people that actually have the cash for it vs sponsor plugs and vlogs IMHO. Especially since car magazines are dead.

Here's my subjective experience: I've worked at a few speed shops and everything I've put Feal's on has rode amazing. Never been on the track with them (soon to be remedied with my own car). KW's have also been very nice to drive on, as well as Ohlins.
I used to steer people away from Stance because they used to ride like you replaced the dampers with wood dowels, but having worked with TF-works last year on some k-swap stuff and seeing their shock dyno and new models, I was very impressed with how they do things now, so I'm sure there latest models are pretty top-notch for the pricepoint.
Always wanted to try out Fortune 510's and their "blow-off" valve that's typically not included in coilovers below $5k+. They probably have the most "feature-rich" coilovers for the price.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote