View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #21
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Ive been running Yellowspeed Dynamic Pros and Yellowspeed Drift Specs for the last 3 odd years. I purchased their Dynamic Pros for my daily driven Protege5 as they were highly regarded in the Protege scene... and using them in my daily driver, they are GREAT! I instantly fell in love with them due to how well they handle uneven surfaces and that theyre not overly stiff at all! I am using pics from my website as Yellowspeeds pics are generic photos on their site. I take product specific photography of everything I offer... So i wanted to show actual photos of the S-Chassis coilovers.

YELLOWSPEED DYNAMIC PROS:

I became a dealer for Yellowspeed shortly after and picked up their Dynamic Pros for the S13 and S14 for product photography. I installed and ran the Dynamic Pros in my S13 hatch for roughly 4-5 months (they replaced my Fortune Auto 500s). The Dyanmic Pros were slightly stiffer than my FA500s, but honestly... most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference. They were just as impressive in my S13 as my Protege for daily driving duties as well as dealing with poor road conditions as the FA500s. Under spirited driving, they handled weight transfer just fine and sliding around was a non issue. The mounting brackets are notched at the tops so you can adjust for camber at the hub (as well as the camber plates). Spring rates are 8/6kg, which is why they were slightly stiffer than my FA500s (I had my FA500s specifically built with 7/5kg rates).

YELLOWSPEED DRIFT SPECS:

After 4-5 months of Dynamic Pros, I ordered S13 and S14 Drift Specs for product photography and kept the Drift Specs permanently in my S13 hatch. Drift Specs were developed for Yellowspeed by multitime D1GP champ Yoichi Imamura (who drives for Falken Tire JP). There are pros and cons to these coilovers versus Dynamic Pros. The Pros for the Drift Specs are theyre inverted monotube dampers upfront with a VERY easy to adjust dial (WITH ARROWS POINTING TO H and S SO YOU KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN THEM... other brands NEED to take note of this). The mounting brackets have heavier reinforcements to them versus Dynamic Pros. The brackets are also cambered at the hub. Both springs and brackets utilize 2 locking plates. Spring rates are 8/6kg. The Cons for the Drift Specs are not that many. My main issue with them is the valving of the dampers are very aggressive! They are NOT a comfortable street based coilover. On uneven surfaces, this is very apparent. Ride quality is on the bumpy side... HOWEVER, putting weight on these things thru turns is AMAZING. they are INSANELY responsive and give A LOT of GOOD feedback as to what your wheels are doing! The mounting brackets ARE NOT notched at the tops, so you are forced to run camber at the hub (which bugs me as I run higher offset Advans which I was forced to use bolt on 15mm spacers with to clear the wheels from the springs). Cons aside, they are a great track based coilover for drifting all around. The Pros of these heavily outweigh the cons!

CONCLUSION:

Overall, thru the last few years of running 2 different sets of Yellowspeeds in my S13, I am very pleased with their performance, quality and Yellowspeeds commitment to improving their parts (I helped them redesign their mounting brackets for the S13 and S14 to allow for more drop and for camber adjustment at the hubs). These coilovers easily compare to a lot of the higher tier coilovers ive run in the past... Namely Buddy Club Racing Specs and JIC FLT-ARs. Now dont get me wrong, theyre not KW Variants or OHLINS quality, but were talking about $950 for Dynamic Pros and $1250 for Drift Specs. Yellowspeed also has a lot more variants they offer including an inverted street coilover setup, 2 way and 3 way adjustable coilovers (Forrest Wang was running a custom 3 way setup that Yellowspeed built for him and he had nothing but praise for them). For an entry level coilover, Yellowspeed DOES make a great setup they are NOT a rebadged ebay brand. ALL of their items are made in house in their Taiwan based facility.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote