View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #30
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
since posting back in 2020... i got together with a small brand here in the US that primarily does Subaru offroad based coilovers to develop my own. took a little over a year to get them to where modern younger S-Chassis owners would approve, but im very happy with the results versus anything ive run in the past.

these are are my DorkiDori Street Spec coilovers. the main goal of them was to have a coilover that offered a more mature ride on the streets, but still offered the benefits of upgrading to coilovers.

my Street Specs handle uneven surfaces of street driving like a champ. they use a 20 way adjustable linear based damper and use 7/5kg springs (and come with a 3 year warranty). the coilovers are built here in the US utilizing parts sourced from Japan, Europe and the US. NO, these are not some cheap rebranded chinese made ebay specials. the configuration the manufacturer and i put together cannot be purchased from the manufacturer either... they are exclusive to my product line only.

i ran the first set of prototypes on my S13 for almost a year. i was beyond impressed with how well they handled certain roads that i normally travel down. i had gotten used to the jarring and very aggressively valved Yellowspeed Drift Specs. While the Drift Specs were a great and very responsive track based coilover... they were NOT ideal for street driving at all. after installing my DorkiDori Street Specs, i IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference just on the drive home. a much more compliant and mellow ride! the following weekend after install, i took them down a back road near my fiberglass manufacturers shop which was unbearable to drive on with my YS Drift Specs... i was blown away by how well my DD Street Specs handled this road. still a bit bumpy (spring rates mainly to blame), but NOTHING like id experienced with the Yellowspeeds.

throwing my car thru turns to test out how my Street Specs performed under pressure, they are very predictable and smooth. not quite as sharp in the rebound area as the YS Drift Specs were, but for what im looking for in a coilover in my older age, they are PERFECT! now, i understand my opinion of their performance is subjective based on the users desired "stiffness" and "responsiveness", however... these are NOT meant as a beast mode competition based track coilover setup. they are specifically meant as a more mature coilover for us old dudes who are done with kidney rattling, filling drop out inducing coilovers from our youth! yes, you can take them out for track use and go sliding or road course racing with them, but the focus is not on being something track bred. i just want my DD Street Spec coilovers to be seen as something simple to use AND enjoy for everyone that chooses to run them.

I am currently running the second set of prototypes in my S13 (shown in photos below)... they are still the same ride quality and performance. the 2nd set of prototypes are just the final production based item (the first prototypes didnt go nearly as low which i wasnt happy about).

but yeah, for those looking for the ol "Fortune Auto" feel and adjustability... perhaps giving mine a shot instead is worth the try. My goal is not to take over the suspension world, its simply to offer a quality product with a more mature mindset that allows coilover performance gains and the aesthetic value of being able to lower the car to "stance" style height all the while maintaining a quality ride on the streets.

DD S13 STREET SPEC COILOVERS (PRODUCTION VERSION):

FULLY DUMPED ON 17x8.5 +15 W/225s AND 17x9.5 +38 W/245s:

RAISED TO A NORMAL RIDE HEIGHT (still need to bring rear up 1/2"):

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 03-31-2022 at 10:53 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote