View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #745
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
My 17x9 +27 MB comps weighed in at 20.5lbs on the digital scale. A higher offset should mean the wheels weigh less since there is less material in the hub area. I also have 17x9 +35 FN's and will hopefully be able to weigh them when I switch over to the next set of track tires, but from everything I've read should weigh in the 19lb range.
The scale I used may not be spot-on, but it is pretty close as it is a digital shipping scale. My gram lights weighed the same and that is what they are supposed to weigh so I trust that is is pretty accurate. On top of that the wheels just felt light. I have handled quite a few wheels lately so my "arm scale" is getting pretty well tuned. My FN's were the 17x9 +20 4-luggers and had a TON of hub on them. That is probably why they weighed about a pound more.

Quote:
As for your tires... those are tall and your going to have some clearance issues. With the 275/40/17 RA-1's I'm real close to rubbing everywhere and the car is not even that low. The 245/45/17 R6's in the garage are a good .25"+ taller IIRC.
I checked with a tire size calculator and the difference in CIRCUMFERENCE is only .06" between 275/40/17's and 245/45/17's. I dunno where you get 1/4" difference in DIAMETER from. If you fit 275/40/17's I can fit the 245/45/17's with no problems. My fenderwells are excessively clearenced for the 255/40/17's that I have been running so I see absolutely no problem. I will be running a 4.36 rear end gear as well (currently 3.93) so the gear ratio difference is no concern. I can't be picky with free tires, and besides they will only last for one event. Then I will be running either 255/40/17 ra1 takeoffs or brand new 245/40/17 hankook z-214's. It depends on whether or not I can find a matching pair of ra1's in time. I wanna run the shittiest tires first and save the best ones for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
the dent is a status symbol according to obeewon baxter.
Damn right! Rock your dents proudly!!!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote