View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 07:49 AM   #94
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Not much for an update. Sometime last year I put on a Radium Fuel rail to replace the OBX rail. This winter I was browsing facebook and saw an Xcessive intake manifold to replace the Godspeed intake manifold, and I jumped on it.

It looked a bit cleaner in the pictures, but after a little research, a brass wire brush and some WD-40 cleaned up the cast aluminum pretty well.

I ordered some of the cast velocity stacks from Xcessive as well. I'll never know if they provided any gains, as I have 0 comparison data (which is fine with me) but I figured they are a proven "Help" in almost every application, so why not. Everything went over to Travis and he welded them in. Now, before anybody asks. Yes, I'm aware Xcessive offers a molded velocity stack plate that sandwiches in between the plenum and the runners. I couldn't stand the fact the black line in between. It drove me nuts. It drives me nuts people use Red / Black RTV to seal these manifolds. CLEAR RTV EXISTS FOR A REASON.

Also, I fucking hate polishing.

The weather has been super nice here sporadically, so I already have about 600 miles on the car this year. Which is rad, because usually we're lucky to be street driving in the middle of April.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote