View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:27 AM   #95
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Nothing to crazy happening, just some stuff in the last week or so. Aside from that, just been driving the car about every day that I can, been cruising a lot due to covid and nothing else to do.

After a long wait, my new seats finally showed up. It really bothered me having name brand everything, except for seats. So I finally sourced some seats i've always wanted.

My engine harness has always bothered me. It was never a big deal because you basically can't see it, and all the real ugly shit was hidden under the carpet. Truth be told, it bothered the fuck out of me. I always had modded stock ones, at one point I had a semi gutted/modded/re-wrapped stock harness which made me a feel a touch better, but I swapped back to an OEM one I modded (have to wire in LS coils, AEM IAT/MAP to every harness for my set up), but I knew I was finally ready to fully commit to this project. After spending some money with wiring specialties, I acquired another virgin KA harness and began the project. EVERYTHING I don't use is removed from this harness. It was shortened right about 3 feet and just about every connector was replaced. Having finished this project, If I did it again, I would do it slightly differently, but im very happy with the results. Also, to make life easier, I added an additional 6 pin connector by the connectors for the fusebox to plug in things that stay in the car (That I would previously have to depin every time I took the harness out, which wasn't often but still annoying) So I have the power/1 ground for my coilpacks, the fan trigger wire, and the wire from the wideband to the standalone, and 2 open pins If I ever need anything in the future.

The harness I pulled out VS the harness I made:

Under my carpet before:

Under my carpet after:

Last edited by tuzzio; 06-06-2020 at 10:13 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote