View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #117
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Continued from post above ^

In the fall, I misjudged angle while crossing some train tracks, like an idiot. This was an expensive fuck up.

Luckily, my body guy is good and was able to fix everything, including the fenders even though I have a spare set of OEM metals. Some of the pictures from the previous post are actually from after the repair. That about rounded out 2021 for me. I put over 8,000 miles on the car, and drove it until the week before Christmas. Couldn't be happier.

My friends are too generous, and Carter and Lane both gifted me prints for Christmas of the photos they had taken of me car. If either of them either see this, I love you both immensely and cannot thank you enough.

Lane Snapped a few more film photos as well.

At some point, I realized my RLCA bushings were toast. I got a pair from a friend, removed the bushings / ball joints, sand blasted them at work, and powder coated them in my buddies driveway. Very pleased with the results.

Knowing I was already going to be in there replacing stuff, I took advantage of GKtech sales on black Friday, and ordered up new E-brake cables and the bracket. Nothing was "wrong" with mind, but for the low cost of new cables over 30 year old Z32 cables, the piece of mind is nice. I test fitted the bracket, and it was real close to the drive shaft.

A quick flipping over gave me tons of room.

Installed the RLCA as well. Superpro bushings and moog ball joints.

Previous bushings were not happy.

I had gotten a Moroso battery box, as my previous set up I did when I was 22 always bothered me. Then it turned into one of those "While i'm in there" projects as I had a can of POR15 around.

It's a relatively gutted trunk, and nobody sees it but me. But its kind've always bothered me, and i'm very happy with the results.

While you're in there...better do the front wheel wells to..

So basically, thats where the car is at. Waiting on new SPL RUCA's, and doing fluid changes as its about 240 season here. Hopefully zilvia sticks around. Cheers.

Last edited by tuzzio; 08-17-2022 at 04:51 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote