View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:34 PM   #53
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
So I guess I wil start from where I left off

I almost have everything for my exterior refresh. I bought basically everything you can purchase thats not discontinuned to give it a OEM+ kouki look. Theres a few things I could of bought that would of been pretty cool to have before they got discontinuned however I told myself to be a bit reasonable when doing this. I am going to notch it down a bit from how I did the interior (seraching everyday, every hour to get bnib items).

I bought the following items:
DorkiDori Lip

Dorkidori Side Skirts

New Oem 180sx Fenders

180sx Bumper Kit (I have wanted this for years, very happy to finally have this)

I have all of the molding & weatherstripping besides the 180sx trunk weatherstripping. I'm hoping to get that sometime next year.

One of the big items with my car that I was finally happy to take care of was getting the driverside quarter panel replaced. I've gotten this repaired twice by having the shop just add bondo to it. However with me deciding to do a proper refresh of the exterior I decided to finally get this replaced.

Then of course I ruined it by pulling it to fit my wide wheels lol. Has the bacon fenders but I will be fixing this with body work this winter.

So with me getting older & moving to the PNW I've kind of taken a slight different approach with the car. Originally I wanted this car to be very raw with slight comfort similar to a 911 GT3 that would only be driven during the summer and fall. Something like 80% Raw and 20% Comfort.

However with the weather being pretty nice year round (not midwestern cold) and salt never being on the ground. I kind of shifted myself to make the car 50% Raw and 50% comfort (If that even makes sense). I want to be able to not worry about driving this car in the rain, in the cold, or during a very hot summer. With that goal I've done some research and have a plan to achieve this.

One of the major things in this plan was to finally see at night. So I did a HID Retrofit.

The difference is pretty insane and I dont even have the headights properly adjusted. Unfortunately I do not have photos but if you guys would like to see the output & see how it was made I have a youtube video.

Skip to 11:09: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOwglwlls4U

The next items in the plan are A/C and sound deadening. As some of you may know. I made a pretty in depth guide on how to install the digital climate control even if you do not have the pigtails. This has turned out to be a pretty big hit as alot of people have been using this guide.

My goal is to make a guide for the A/C and sound deadening just like I did for the DDC guide. It is kind of the main reason to why I updated this thread. Currently I have purchased a bunch of differntial material to make the 240 sound & feel more solid inside. I wanted to update the build thread with weight that is gained and if the difference is noticable as I have not really gotten a pretty clear answer. It seems most people tend to just install the sticky butyl stuff and not the MLV which actually blocks the sound as well as closed & open cell material. I also got some heat insulation to stop heat from traveling through the firewall. So I'm hoping when I install and document this stuff it helps people out a bit.

For the A/C I am currently reverse engineering the condenser. It is almost done however time has been a big issue with me currently. Just so busy.

This is the current state of the car. Its originally TK3 is currently shown. Sanding down the car currently. Will be hand sanding any of the body lines (hence why some white is still shown)