View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #70
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Before I could start mounting the radiator and intercooler set up the bash bar had to be made.
You’ll notice I did not add a lot of extra bracing on it. This is so it has some place to bend if I crash and be easily replaceable without pushing force onto the frame rails
All tig welded !

What makes this design actually come together is the gusset work on the front forward tubes. Originally I wanted to add bead rolling along with the dimples but the test piece wasn’t looking right so I have another idea for them that’ll be added later on

I THOUGHT I would have plenty of room with the radiator & fan shroud set up I bought before starting the tube front.
Turns out I should have waited to order these 2 until I was at this exact point. This set up will work but not exactly as I planned.
The radiator could be a couple inches shorter while the shroud could be a bit slimmer but this set up should cool the coolant awesomely

You’ll notice how low and far forward it’s sitting while in place
I’ll be cutting out and replacing the tube in front connecting the frame rails to allow more clearance

What do you guys think ? Keep tweaking and get this V-Mount to work OR go back to a plain old vertical set up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote