View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #886
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakley View Post
I wanted Collins for the KA and RB adaptability. I have KA with RB intentions. That kit coulda killed two birds.
What about the Collins kit was bad?
Mainly how he conducts business. I ordered my K-series to CD00x adapter calling him before I put the order in as the his site says "out of stock, most items restock within a month". He told me yeah you'll have in a month as there's a wait list on machining. so I ordered it 17MAY18 for 2200$... Hoping it would come in before I go to bootcamp in 2 months, so I could at least have Kswap mounted and start major fabrication before i left.

While in A school in FL i was pretty patient until I was getting ready to go home on leave for thanksgiving and work on the car some more. contacted him via email on 02AUG18 and it went like this...

Quote:
Dear Brett Collins,

I know we talked the other week about delays and you said you it would be done soon. but do you have an estimated completion or ship date for the adapter kit?

Thank you,
M***** N******
Quote:
We are trying to get these done asap, we go the machine back up recently so it shouldn't be too much longer.

thanks again M***
Quote:
Dear Brett Collins,

ASAP is nice to hear, but every time I've gotten in contact with you, there's seems to be some kind of hang up in your shop. When I ordered it on 17/4/2018 you said it would about a month (wait list which I understand) and I might not see it before Bootcamp. On 14/7/2018 I called you because my father hadn't received it yet and you told me you have machinery go down and had just got it back online that day and would be starting on my adapter soon. I emailed you last week asking for an ETA and you just tell me ASAP. ASAP is nice but you told me over a month ago "soon", giving me a projected completion date is what I'm asking for here.

Thank you,
M****** N*****
After that silence till 20SEP18, where he emailed me a a tracking number for the "adapter plate and clutch system". When I got back to VA in November I opened the box to find everything but the flywheel was in the box. And the stage 3 clutch that came with, as i didnt have the extra 1200 for a twin disk, I found out after looking up the part number on the pressure plate was a 130$ Ebay special Stage 3, 6 puck 350z clutch. I called him immediately, don't recall the conversation but on 14DEC18 (2 weeks after I went back to FL) he emailed me a tracking number for the flywheel.

Needless to say I was the guiney pig on this one and doubt he has sold anymore. The kit its self was ok looking it over, having never done something like this before. The adapter plate bolt had 2 bags labeled "2JZ CD009" and "K20/K24 CD009". Not all bolts fit and the two lower transmission bolts could not be found from the bags. When I replaced the engine, from bending a rod at 14psi going to ham on E85 igition timing, I had found that the pilot bushing after only about 3000miles was still ok to the input shaft but would slip right out of the flywheel. From day 1 I've always had input shaft bearing noise with the clutch engaged which I assumed was from a used tranny. I had got from a friend for free after putting a new motor and tranny in his 03 Z but he told me that was a new noise. After seeing that I'm not sure if the transmission is concentrically centered with the engine.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote