View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #93
Kzoodan

Trader Rating: (0)
Kzoodan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey new to the site, I recently got a 95 240sx se with a red top sr20det and am from Kalamazoo MI, it has basic bolt ons:
T28 Turbo
Isis bottom mount manifold
3" exhaust (RSR, Megan, and Flowmaster)
FMIC
Aluminum Radiator (can't remember brand)
Emusa Coilovers
Now for the bad, when i first got it home it was running on 3 cylinders, and misfiring really badly. After finding out one of the exhaust manifold stud had been broken and the manifold wasn't sealing to the block. Took everything out, put new exhaust studs and new gasket because the one that was on there was broken. Only to find that the oil drain plug had been broken in half and then someone tried to weld it back together (not a good job at all restricted oil flow!) not to mention it wasn't the correct one for the turbo and didn't fit very well (gasket was also broken). There have been a number of other dumb things done with this conversion such as sensors not being grounded and also vacuum line coming from BOV was T'd into the fuel pressure line (thats a no no). Forgot to mention one of the silicone couplings to the FMIC was torn and had been wrapped with duct tape to fix it (oil was dripping out of this spot from oil blow by from turbo, just installed oil catch can and hopefully this solves the problem). Last the coil packs weren't even bolted to the intake (I'm pretty sure thats what keeps them in place and also grounds them) With all this being said this car is a work in progress. This car did come from Xceedspeed so you may have seen it. The body isn't in the best conditions and i will be working on that later. I don't want to bad talk anyone but this car looks to be as if this swap was rushed, this car also has a big sticker in the engine bay that says "3S" from 3S custom. I have posted some pics from the PO and the last pic is from 3S custom's website (3S Customs Current Projects) I'm pretty sure my car is in the lower left corner with a different engine (was told this engine came from Jason at 3S custom and sat for awhile b/c it was missing parts). With all this being said after slowly finding and fixing the problems i do love the car!
Last if anyone close to Kzoo has a hood, passenger corner light, and drivers headlight for a Zenki i would be very interested in purchasing these!
One more thing there is also a SCCA event being held at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo on July 21, here the link for info MotorsportReg.com : SCCA - Western Michigan Region - Solo II announces Championship Event #3 with Graveyard Motorsports (Sun 22, Jul 2012) info at Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo, Mi 49001 (5494)
This website has given me the most info since purchasing my car, thank you to all!
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 240sx.jpg (103.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 240sx 3.jpg (100.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 240sx 1.jpg (279.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg car.jpg (424.0 KB, 11 views)
Kzoodan is offline   Reply With Quote