View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #12
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I don't think my next 240 will have A/C. I don't want the complication in the engine compartment and I don't legitimately care about being "comfortable" in a car I drive purely for entertainment. The hotter it is, the fewer motorcyclists and bicyclists are out- which means better runs.
I used to feel this way but then I got old. Different goals though. I never used or needed the A/C in my Miata but an S13 hatch on a 95 degree 90%RH day in the southeast, which it always seems to be at events, is a miserable fishbowl. My strongest memory of my old coupe which had factory A/C delete (yes, factory) was showing up to meets sweating buckets.

Quote:
As a Californian who drove the shit out of his car but also needed to pass smog legitimately every other year, I envy anyone who doesn't have to worry about bullshit smog tests. The SR20DET should be able to be swapped and smogged with the numbers from a contemporary US-market 2.0L turbocharged car.
Pretty much all years of 240SX except '98s are smog exempt here in VA but it was nice here even before they hit 25 years, at least if you had an S13 or a '95 (pre-OBD2) since an SR or turbo KA could still pass as long as it was tuned properly and catted.

That said, on the topic, I shake my head when I see people in non-smog or non-safety-inspection states completely render their car undrivable on the road in half the country for little benefit/no gain, eg decatting a stock KA, running goofy illegal lighting... what are you doing
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote