View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #55
Str8 Rippin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Str8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of lightStr8 Rippin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Thanks Pank I was blanking out on the autobracketing, that's what happens when you're posting while on the phone. Again, moving sky/trees/etc, autobracketing is a godsend. When I'm out with the 1DSmk3 you can get 7 shots, covering 14 stops, with one button, in just over a second. That's how some pros justify the $8k tab.

I know it sounds silly to recommend a camera other than Sony or Nikon for a beginner, but hear me out - if you want to keep your "beginner" body, Zeiss makes lenses that rival Canon's best (L-series) for similar price tags (over $1k/each). But no experienced photographer is going to stick with the same body they started with. That's why everyone you ever see shooting professionally has a Canon 1-series or equivalent. No one's shooting their fucking XTi with a smile on their face saying "gee I'm glad I got Canon 'cause I didn't have to switch bodies when I started doing this for a job!".

Same story with lenses - no "consumer" is going to shell out >$1k for L-series glass when they can get a ED IS lens @ the same focal length for half. You outgrow your beginner shit, and start buying big-boy stuff, that's how it goes.

Anyway, Sony's not bad. Yes I work for Sony, as a Regional Field Manager, and do trainings on this all the time. For the record, I own a 5D, but really enjoy the Alphas.

Oh, and ~10mm will not always give you distortion.

Canon 1DSmk3 with an L-series 17-40 f4 @ 17mm.

Nice, clean edges. Of course, that setup costs more $$$ than my car's worth.
To be truthful from that image your edges did distort I'd like to see that one full res though