View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #183
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Update

I just spoke with Matt at R/T Tuning in Lansdale, PA about this issue.

It turns out that Apex'i CAN do diagnostic tests to see if the ECU is not working properly and also can "service" them

Matt said that they had a customer recently whose ECU was completely fried by a lightning strike....like completely fried.....Apex'i charged $150 to "fix" it.....my guess is that they probably just gave him a new one.....

Anyway, it is good to know that there appears to be a more affordable route other than just buying a BRAND NEW PFC....something that could cost $200 or less.....

Also, I told Matt that I could NOT get the car to start with the stock ECU setup....

He suggested that I should definitely REMOVE the 2 wires that are added for the PFC (IAT ground and sensor wire)......perhaps these are causing the stock ECU to shit itself, even though I unplugged the IAT sensor itself.

Does anyone else know the answer to that???:

If you have extra superfluous pins added to the harness for the stock ECU and let's say one of them is having constant 5V, could this cause the stock ECU not to work?

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote