View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:02 AM   #141
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkpainter View Post
...13 years ago.

I feel that zilvia was always home of good taste not expensive parts. Paint vs plasti dip. real vs reps. Some effort vs Aint Care. If you want the standard to be super jdm and expensive vs affordable but still works... well i can't keep up and an already dead forum becomes less attractive. Our cars are being turned into drift missiles and are being total'ed in big numbers. I want them to be clean street car platforms. You want them to be something sacred and on a pedestal and i think that's unreasonable. On paper they aren't even worth what we do to them. Jdm parts or not.
This is a long time.

Is Zilvia really dead? Everyone keeps saying this but every time I come here to talk shit or ask a question I get a response. I'm honestly thinking this is some bullshit said by people that don't get a good reaction out of the forum. Not everyone here likes me but I still get the feedback/information I need. What the fuck would really make it litty, br0? What would get it poppin, dawg? Organized circlejerk meets?

Anyways, it's not a race...you're right. It's only a race if you're trying to stay relevant. Guys that switch wheels three times a year, guys that part out aero when the IG likes start coming, guys that have a paragraph of hashtags in their IG captions are the ones that are in the race for a seat at that e-fame table.

Being completely blunt: your car isn't done in 13yrs because you don't care about it enough. It's not really a priority. If your car had all ISR arms, a Mishimoto intercooler, and Fortune Auto coils no one but turboshoebox would give a fuck if the car looked good in pictures. I think that your car could be finished and look great on a budget if it was #1 on your list.

I also don't think these cars should be on a pedestal but the polar-fucking-opposite doesn't have to be the norm either.

I also ALSO think cars aren't worth what you do to them if you use ISR parts and the like to build it. For me it's an absence of 'doing' things to the car that raises the value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14gmo View Post
Someone summarize this for me …….
Something about how the pressure to buy real parts has made this guy take 13yrs to not do a whole lot to his car. I'm not sure.