View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #747
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I checked with a tire size calculator and the difference in CIRCUMFERENCE is only .06" between 275/40/17's and 245/45/17's. I dunno where you get 1/4" difference in DIAMETER from. If you fit 275/40/17's I can fit the 245/45/17's with no problems.
Ehh, I just checked Tirerack on their specs sheet for the V710's and your right they are basically the same. I was going off what I saw in my garage, a 275/40/17 V710 and a 245/45/17 R6 side by side and there was a difference. I'll double check again tonight to make sure I wasn't smoking something last time I compared them.

Quote:
My fenderwells are excessively clearenced for the 255/40/17's that I have been running so I see absolutely no problem. I will be running a 4.36 rear end gear as well (currently 3.93) so the gear ratio difference is no concern. I can't be picky with free tires, and besides they will only last for one event.
I've done zero prep on my fenders, so you will probably be fine. I know that I'm within 1-2mm of hitting the front apron with the wheel cranked, but you never have the wheel cranked this far while on track... at least you shouldn't be.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote