View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 AM   #70
DETT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DETT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
I can't help but think that the hostile mentality is primarily due to the fact that you don't know whether or not the person has a firearm.
You would be wrong sir, the general public has no frickin clue, its not like 100% of us down here carry. Hell I could be printing horribly and not one person will notice that is how oblivious most in public are. People simply don't notice you are carrying.

The sad truth is there are so many people that need psychiatric help nowadays and are just sick minded it's startling, if that means strapping on an extra couple pounds day to day to keep myself and those I am close to safe so be it.

And to go back to what you or someone said about rather throwing a fist rather than have someone take a shot, I completely agree but I would rather not deal with the situation at all and instead unass the problem and let the other guy have the bigger ego, screw getting assault charges pressed on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
This is why I LOVE the idea of licensed concealed carry.

Essentially, as long as you jump through the appropriate bureaucratic hoops and meet all necessary requirements (like firearms training, background checks, paperwork, etc etc). The most important part of this is the training. Open carry is legal in almost every state here, which means that anyone permitted to OWN a pistol is permitted to carry it in public. This is potentially bad, since untrained persons are likely to react unpredictably. That could lead to conflict escalations, or other negative scenarios. Concealed carry permit holders are trained to avoid conflict as much as possible, and that if running away from a conflict can remove you from danger, to do so. I really like that idea.
This I will also agree with, open carry to me is a huge liability, to those who do it great, you have more balls than I. How bout you go take a look at stats on how many officers are killed with their own firearm every year though.

Too much for me and I already try to keep my self pretty situationally aware, but open carry would make me feel like I have to have eyes in the back of my head.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Camshaft View Post
You're out of luck. They got hit with a lawsuit from H&K so no more GSG5's for anybody.
Are you sure about that? quick look on gunbroker tells otherwise, infact they have expanded the lineup it seems to an AK clone, also I believe you may have been mistaken for Coharie or Vulcan that were making the MP5 clones. They deff got sued because the design is the same using the roller locking mechanism the HK was known for using. The GSG has no common function as the MP5 other than the looks.