Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
seesquared
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
seesquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
All carriers have their issue.

I worked for 8 yrs for one, I should know.

Best way to make sure your shit gets there is to have the ship to address in multiple regions on the box. Don't do it in your handwriting if its shitty, type it and print it out and tape it to the box. Also include an Invoice inside the box incase the label comes off and they need to open it in hopes there is an invoice inside (trust me this saves many people).

THIS!!!!!

I too work for a carrier service and part of my job is doing address corrections. Absolutely hand writing has caused quite a few hang ups. I have used invoices tons of times to get a package where it needs to go. Also, while we are on the subject, here are a few more tips to help make sure your package arrives safely and in a timely manner(assuming you have control over these issues)

Do not place the shipping label over where the box lid flaps meet in the middle. This causes more tracking labels and bar codes to get messed up than I can even count. More often then not the flaps will loosen up some and mess up the label/bar code/tracking number

Pack it yourself if possible. 90% of the boxes I see get damaged are because of box is incorrectly packed. putting a boost gauge in a shoe box with no packing is good way to get it crushed.

Double check your shipping information when you order something or ship something out. Even at the post office, ups store, fedex outlet, etc..... You would be surprised at how many labels dont even have a street address on them. no number. no street. haha. this is when the invoice comes in sometimes
seesquared is offline   Reply With Quote