View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #59
street_sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
street_sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!

I went back to the fab shop today and the guy told me he was having trouble separating the trim and didnt want to damage it as he knows how important this it. So I took it home and looked at it for like an hour. I finally figured out how to remove it in one solid piece!!! There are a few blemishes from removing the 20 year old rubber weatherstippring but all in all I can no go forward with getting this piece into a mold. Here are some shots from just a little while ago. I hope no one has given up on me, as I know many have tried and all have failed at trying to recreate this magical piece.

The way that I see this going is once the mold is made I will try them out of a handful of cars and test them. Car washes and daily use. If all goes well, then I will inform everyone of the news and do a how to video and install instructions. Once the trim is removed the glass with need to be thoroughly cleaned and I will try to supply the glue to bond the trim to the glass again. If not, I will include what I used to complete the repair.

street_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote