View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 07:55 AM   #11
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been seeing more and more guys chime in with "a bov isn't needed" in recent years. Just screams drift missile shenanigans to me for guys who blow up their engine every year.

Atmosphere BOV issues have been documented for years on the SR, so plenty of resources for you to search out there. Old threads from 2006 are still relevant because it's not like the mechanics of these engines have changed in 20+ years. Basically as mentioned above, because the MAF has already metered air, the car goes very rich once the BOV dumps the air.

You can still upgrade your BOV and recirculate it. Most either come with, or offer a fitting so you can connect the recirc pipe back into the intake system. I have the HKS SSQV with a fitting recirculated on my S14 and it's been running strong for years now.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote