View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 03:50 PM   #433
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
I've generally enjoyed all of the MCU's entries. Some have been better than others, obviously. But, overall, I don't leave disappointed.

Spoilers Probably

Miles Morales isn't gay in the comics. He's an advocate for the LGBTQA+ community. but he has a girlfriend and all his love interest have been girls.

Endgame: good. Felt the runtime but good.

WandaVision: Honestly one of my favorites. I had covid during 2/3'rds of it, so it was my only entertainment at that time. Threw a lot at us that would end up affecting the MCU. Probably had the most direct affect on anything recent.

Loki: Jonathan Majors made this for me, honestly. I liked it before him, but he was my draw in. I've loved him since Lovecraft country and he can generally do no wrong. Another top tier series that really seemed to "matter" in the grand scheme.

Falcon'nym: I wanted to see more of a buddy cop type of thing. I didn't NOT like it though. Good action. Flag smashers should've been more developed. I didn't believe Karen as the Power Broker. Loved Zemo. Really loved the Isiah Bradley tie in. They tackled some racial issues without it being a racially motivated show.

Black Widow: I HATED what they did to Taskmaster. I really thought his character was cool in the comics. The Deadpool'd his ass...her ass...its as...welll you get it. But, overall, entertaining. The nerve thing with the pheromones' was weird too. Yelena brought it home for me though. Her kind of meta acknowledgment of some stupid stuff her sister does was cool.

Spiderman 3: I can't accurately comment on this because basically, I was in full fanboy mode just about the entire time. So, my thoughts are probably extremely biased. Also, the numerous easter eggs and implications to further marvel titles...my head almost exploded. And that's just from what I noticed in the theater. I had full Leader sized head after watching breakdowns.

Ms Marvel: Honestly, wanted to see more marvel stuff. I think this was more a coming of age story and the powers, while in it, weren't really part of MOST of it. I didn't like DoD. They're we todd did. I think the Clandestines could've been more fleshed out. LOVED the actual history they threw in and how they integrated all of that into Kamala's story. That's, honestly, what saved it for me. I've never really been a big fan of any of the Marvels. And, thus far, their live action depiction hasn't really changed that. Photon has been the most interesting one, thus far. Now, Kamala Kahn is a great character (live action), but her "super power" alter ego is lackluster to me. I never read the comics..well...I read like 3 or 4, but I never followed it. Didn't seem "for me" if that makes sense. Show follows suit. But it wasn't horrible. I've actually watched a few episodes multiple times.

Multiverse of Madness: loved it. Starting to think Dr. Strange is one of the main villains of the MCU....or at least a major catalyst to everything that sux lol. I can totally understand Wanda's motivations and mindset cuz she's basically broken. And, the movie, itself, I LOVED Wanda in that. I wish it was R-rated. Also, LOOOOOTTA implications to the multiverse and future of Marvel. Very Satisfying.

Moon Knight: Oscar Isaac made this show. I never read one Moon Knight comic not NEVER. I knew he was through a Blade and Ghost Rider cross-overs, but never looked into HIS stuff. So, I came in kinda fresh and let the world building take me in. And, I was not disappointed. I'm still not sure how it will connect to other properties as everything he's connected to is still in development. But, as a show, I dug it.

Hawkeye: The Die Hard-ishness is what kept me going. Yelena is, now, one of my favs. I liked her in Black Widow, but her separation of business and courtesies was just funny to me. Action was solid. It was fun. Also, bringing in evidence of Netflix marvel stuff was cool

She Hulk: Biased on this one too. I loved She Hulk comics. Her Marvel Illustrated cover edition was the first "manga" I ever saw lol. I thought it was going to be more of a Lawyer show, though. The titled evoked Harvey Birdman (Attorney at Law). And with her personality, that's how I thought it'd play out. Turns out is was just her dating, mostly. I wanted more from the Intelligencia and from Skar, but I guess if it's HER show and neither one of those are directly HER characters, I guess it's forgivable. Although she fought Skar (and I can't see that happening) and the Intelligencia is made up of a few Hulk villains, they could've done more with both of those...or saved them for an aftercredit scene or something, so I wouldn't wonder how they're connected. But, whatevs. I liked the show.

Thor Love and Thunder: Christian Bale was wasted, imo. They really could've fleshed out Goor. They had the guy to do it. Other than when he 1st got the necrosword, you didn't even actually see him kill anyone..which was a wasted opportunity IMO. I wanted to see WHY he was a formidable foe to someone who's literally been fighting since he was a child. Not be a threat just because he's the bad guy. But, the movie is entertaining enough for a few watches.

Wearwolf By Night: Loved it. Went in with 0 expectations. Just got bored and was like, "oh, this exist? Let's eyeball it". Not a Man-thing fan by any stretch, but familiar enough with him to appreciate this depiction. I think a lot of this is gonna come back up in Agatha and the House of super ridiculously long title or whatever.

Wakanda Forever predictions: I'm honestly probably gonna get a lil teary-eyed since they're clearly killing T'Challa in the MCU too. Like, Chadwick's death, as a fan, was rough cuz it was SO unexpected. It was kinda like Paul Walker where it caught me off gaurd..as a fan. But, I initially had mixed feelings cuz they (Marvel) were using his death in promo footage. I understand if it's in the movie, but using it to sell the movie didn't rub me the right way. But, I kinda have the overall plot figured out. I'm sure there'll be a few surprises and I think it'll be good. But, I still have small issue with that. It won't stop me from seeing it though.