View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 01:50 PM   #39
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Just some info I came across during my struggle installing this.

1: turbo doesn't come with fittings for oil feed or drain

2:customer bought a ISR stainless line kit from enjuku. I've used this same kit before on s14/15 t28. The fitting is too large to thread into the chra on the turbo.

3: bought a fitting from ATP they say will fit this turbskee. It does thread into the turbo, but the other side (where the oil line threads on) is too large. The fitting size on the ATP fitting is -4AN but the oil feed line fitting is -3AN. Fortunately for me, Earls fittings is right down the road and they were able to get me the following:

Correct size is 10x1 to -3AN

XRP 420133 is the correct part #. Earls sells them for $11 and it comes as a pack of 2, even tho you only need one.

I still do not have an answer back from Garrett regarding if the turbo requires a restrictor/what size it should be. Since it's a journal bearing turb, I assume no, but they should be providing this info on their site, or at least answering their emails. BorgWarner has all this info clearly listed on their site for all the EFR turbos. Restrictor size (built in), fitting sizes, bolt hole sizes, etc.

4: oil drain. I bought a s14/15 turbo oil drain and basically had to cut it, spin the flange 180*, and re-weld it. The drain was hitting the back of the compressor housing, on one of the bolts. I'll post video later on when I'm finished with the whole project.

Silicone couplers should be here in the next few days, then hopefully it will be ready for the Dyno. So far this install has been death by 1000 papercuts. Every simple little thing becomes another issue.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.

Last edited by brndck; 10-13-2022 at 02:22 PM..
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote